Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Holiday ABC's

Accomplishments
1. Extra sleep – staying in pj’s and then napping was awesome!
2. Yard improvements and household reorganization – mulch added, grass planted, garage access re-done, sorting and shredding files.
3. Progress on crocheting projects – Katie’s baby afghan is looking good.
4. Time for leisure reading – several new books captured my attention.


Blessings
1. Fun with family – nephews and nieces especially, sleepover and movie included.
2. Bliss of unscheduled evenings – I love my extra-curricular activities, but sometimes it’s just too much after a full day of work.
3. Great weather – freedom to enjoy the out of doors, and then come inside to air-conditioning.
4. Good health – the ability to work hard and play hard should not be taken for granted.


Core Truths
1. Everyone needs time away from work and routines – the office was fine without me!
2. Life is short and adventure is found everywhere – take advantage of opportunities to try new things.
3. Despite what home-improvement shows preach, you can be content with less – and most of us have too much!
4. My God provides all I need – prayers are answered in His good time, and I can rely on His doing what’s best for me... today and always.

No comments:

Post a Comment