Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Sucking It Up

In the past 10 days I've had stomach flu and a back spasm. Not at the same time, but one after the other. I took less than a half day off of work to suffer at home. Because I'm stubborn and also stupid and work alone, being at work and feeling miserable wasn't a huge deal.

I must admit that by the fourth day of "sucking it up" and being a grown up, I was ready to be sucky and just wanted to cry. You can't die from having an upset stomach, but I really wanted to curl up in the fetal position and feel sorry for myself.

Since "the cancer" any new physical ailments give me pause... did we miss any of those crazy cells during treatment? Where might they take hold next? What would it feel like if???? Why is it so easy to worry?

Although I'm healthy again, my brain gets funky when I'm tired. It will help to rest and break routine with my holidays that start in 2 days! Hopefully I can take steps to achieve balance between work, rest and play. I'm looking forward to tackling some projects, hanging out with friends and family, and reading some new books.

I KNOW that all my days are in God's hands. I BELIEVE that He's healed me. There is REST in Him and it is sweet.

No comments:

Post a Comment