Sunday, May 16, 2010

Say Yes To The Dress

Reality shows suck me in and yesterday I watched one episode of the "bride in a panic to find the perfect gown" show. Each woman has a certain dream of how she will look on the big day. The quest for the dream takes a lot out of the girls and the sales person. Everyone needs to weigh in and good or bad, there are tears.

I often marvel at the cost of the dress... or what a bride will do to make the dream come true. I've said that if my day ever comes, I just want to be comfortable and have the focus be on the marriage, not the 30 minute ceremony and following celebration.

Today our pastor's message on relationship limiting moves focused on unforgiveness and the consequences of harboring bitterness against others. It's so easy to believe that I'm justified in judging others and holding onto my "rights" when I've been wronged. The reality is that we're all sinners. I've wronged others - intentionally and unintentionally. Scripture says that our righteousness is like "filthy rags" yet so often I delude myself into thinking that I'm going through life wearing a beautiful clean white gown.

It's only by confessing my sins and asking forgiveness from the one who paid the ultimate price that I am clothed in His righteousness. Thank you Jesus for your sacrifice. I'm glad I said Yes to Your Dress.

No comments:

Post a Comment