Tuesday, May 26, 2009

The Music of my Life

The thought of blogging has both intrigued and terrified me for some time now. It's crosse my mind that perhaps I really have nothing to say. And yet... what if I do? Would anyone read this? Can I make a difference with my words? Maybe just the act of blogging will allow for exploration of new ideas and clarify solutions to problems I'm facing.

Just a few words on the title of my blog. I've been known as "that girl" since my young niece was just figuring out that I usually attended family events but couldn't remember my name. She asked her mom if "that girl" was coming for supper. I was, and the name stuck.

As for the symphony... I love music and believe each of us has a part to play in creating beautiful harmony in our world. Sometimes the tempo is fast. Other times it's slow. Discordant notes find resolution. Sometimes there's a middle-aged tenor singing in Latin! But at some point, I choose to play the notes the composer has laid out specifically for me. When we're all following the Conductor, it's an awesome experience.

My symphony won't be finished until the fat lady sings (LAAAAA)... ha ha. I think the concert has been great so far!

No comments:

Post a Comment