Friday, May 29, 2009

Rest And Peace

“Mentally blitzed” and “physically exhausted” are descriptors for the end of this work week. It’s as though every ounce of brain power has been drained and there’s no place for a quick refill!

Meetings, errands, and odd interruptions added to my frustration of not finishing a time-sensitive task today. That means finding a way to take care of business before Monday… on top of household chores and the planting project I put off as soon as I took a minute for supper tonight.

But first I must rest. Deep sleep will help. A book and bubble bath is on my list.

More importantly, I must go to God. He will carry my burdens… renew my mind… and provide needed strength. What a relief to let go of the stress when I spend time in prayer.

If I could rewind today, I’d begin by entering God’s presence and letting Him take care of each moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment