Monday, June 1, 2009

Confronting Change

I like traditions. The comfort of sameness. Routines and habits.

However, the world never stops. Electronics are updated before you’ve even mastered the original version. There’s never a good time to buy a new cell phone, laptop, iPod or TV because a more amazing model is getting released… next month.

Friends go from single to married to having children and in the blink of an eye those kids are graduating high school. Loved ones develop health conditions or are lost to us through death.

Changes. Not always fun.

Today my boss assumed a new role. My world of familiarity has been upset. Some adjustments are required. New colleagues to learn to know and the disruption of current office friendships.

Some folks relish change. They don’t last long in relationships or job-hop endlessly… seeking the next thrill… whereas, I’m generally dragged into change. There has to be a good reason for moving forward or making mid-course corrections. Even so, I’m cautious. Worried. Stubborn.

In my head, I realize that good things can happen when you’re open to change. Challenges along with exciting opportunities. Depending on the outcome, I will eventually admit that the forward momentum achieved by taking a risk has been worth the struggle of the journey.

My thought is that God’s not very pleased with reticence to change. He asks us to step out in faith and promises to transform us. That can only be good, right?

God often uses unpleasant circumstances to draw us closer to Him. How we respond to these situations is a reflection of our fear or faith.

I’m learning to trust. To remember that He’s in control and has my best interest in mind. I don’t have to know the end from the beginning before stepping forth into new adventures… especially at work tomorrow!

Christ
Helps
Adjustment to
New
Growth
Experiences

No comments:

Post a Comment