Sunday, June 7, 2009

Sunday Blessings

The weekend is winding down and I've enjoyed the change of pace.

Being lazy yesterday was just what the Dr. ordered. This morning I enjoyed church and reconnecting with friends. Took care of some errands this afternoon and then the "parental unit" came to take me for supper and a drive.

It was a good day!

Nothing significant took place and yet... there is so much to be grateful for.

1. People who love me. Encourage and accept me.
2. Health to enjoy whatever the week brings.
3. Freedom to worship. Praising God through song.
4. Connecting in community.
5. Cleansing rain - literally and spiritually.

The week ahead will be busy. But I want to take this feeling of peace and rest with me. To remember how faithful God is. To trust Him in all the hard things. To praise Him no matter what. To pace myself and find balance in His strength.

I must choose joy... and focus on the many undeserved blessings I enjoy on a daily basis. The "attitude of gratitude" is a good prescription for life.

No comments:

Post a Comment