Thursday, June 11, 2009

Lifesavers

Ever feel like you're drowning?

Work and volunteer projects have kept me treading water this past while. Just when I thought things were under control, something new popped up to create challenges that must be overcome. In the midst of this, my emotional state was as up and down as turbulent seas.

Yesterday though, my parents spent the day with me... and with their able and persistent help, the burden of a major job was lifted. Finished. Done. Off my desk. YAHOO!!!

I'm not sure what I would have done without Mom and Dad. What great lifesavers! Our relationship is close and loving. They live within easy driving distance and are always willing to "go the extra mile" for me and my brothers.

Not everyone can brag about their folks. Some of my friends are from broken homes or are orphaned. Or their family relationships are completely messed up. I am very, very blessed.

God is known as our Heavenly Father. He is also my Saviour... my spiritual lifesaver. I'm safe, no matter what storms come my way. For that, I am very grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment