Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Late Night Lists

Another day draws to a close and although much has been accomplished, a new list must be created. I like to be organized and despite the current state of my home, there's generally a method to my madness.

There's immense satisfaction when I cross another project off the list. The items not completed get transferred to tomorrow's tasks. Decisions are made regarding the urgency of these jobs, and I'm learning to prioritize.

I do wonder, though, what would happen if everything was finished? Would I be bored?Would it take just another email or phone call to start the list again? What level of effort would be required to get the list done each day?

On some level, I think we're meant to have unfinished business. There's a reason to wake up each morning. Steps to take to keep moving forward.

There might be setbacks as we work, but daily determination and persistence will allow us to get closer to the goal.

God promised to keep working on me. Philippians 1:6 says, "I am confident of this very thing. That he who began a good work in me, will carry it on to COMPLETION until the day of Christ Jesus."

That's an encouraging thought...

No comments:

Post a Comment